Monday, February 16, 2009

Sleepless from Seattle

Here are some pictures from this last weekend in Seattle.  They were taken on an iPhone so they're not the best quality, but I like em.  I've returned home in a much heavier place than I left.  This time around the Emerald city threw me some curve balls, leaving me with more questions than it feels like I can handle. Seattle is a great town and I love almost everything  about its' coffee-indie-artsy-outdoorsy-urban personality, I'm just in a state of mourning because I left a piece of my heart up there, in the Northwest.

No matter what the future holds Seattle will forever be a place that has scarred my soul, left marker in my path, and for now taken from me something I hold dear.  Now that I'm back home in Dublin, I find my self sleepless from Seattle, tossing, turning, and re-thinking everything. 

I have a fascination with cities and their character.  Each city is wrapped in a personal history draping it with memories and emotions.  What cities signify some sort of meaning to you? What places will you never forget for either their positive or negative sentiment?







No comments: