Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Get Uncomfortable


This is something I wrote about a year ago, and I thought it would be a good way to start my blog.  

"If God is a God fully acquainted with suffering than it is in the lives of the hurting and broken that he exists the most.  If we want to know who God is than we must take on his nature an be in the lives of the suffering too.  God is not in our deep conversations and mundane suburban days.  God is in the starving of Africa, oppressed of Asia, and broken of the West.  True searching is not a conversation but an action. 

I think most of us Christians came to belief in God because some one exhibited love to us and shared His story with us.  It made sense, it felt right, and we believed.  After that I see many of us slipping away once our faith requires something of us.  We end up spending our days in living where God is not, in comfort.  To maintain relationship with the divine I think we have to be where God is.  And He is in the lives of others, mainly the suffering.  I think most of us have spent our days trying to pass time with our best entertainment options instead of with those who may be suffering.  Please be warned that Jesus will be found in the trenches of life bleeding for the people around him.  This is where he will be found because this is who he is.  We can talk about, celebrate, and explain his truths at church, the mall, in our homes, or on the net, but I am convinced Jesus is not understood, found, or truly known unless we live our days for the lives of others..."

No comments: